Sunday, August 8, 2021

GET UP AND EAT



“Get up and eat, 
else the journey will be 
too long for you!”  
1 Kings 19:7

4 Elijah went a day’s journey into the desert, until he came to a broom tree and sat beneath it. He prayed for death, saying: “This is enough, O Lord! Take my life, for I am no better than my fathers.”

When the afflicted man called out, the Lord heard, and from all his distress he saved him. (Psalm 34:7)

5 He lay down and fell asleep under the broom tree, but then an angel touched him and ordered him to get up and eat. 6 Elijah looked and there at his head was a hearth cake and a jug of water. After he ate and drank, he lay down again, 7 but the angel of the Lord came back a second time, touched him, and ordered, “Get up and eat, else the journey will be too long for you!”

The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them. (Psalm 34:8)

8 He got up, ate and drank; then strengthened by that food he walked forty days and forty nights to the mountain of God, Horeb.

"I am the bread of life. This is the bread that comes down from heaven so that one may eat it and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world.” (John 6:48-51)


Father in heaven, You alone can fill my hunger and satisfy all my needs. Be praised and glorified O Lord for sending your angel to touch me and make me rise so that I may eat and be strengthened by the food that You have set before me.

I do confess Lord that there are times when my faith is not strong enough. Times when I am depressed and greatly affected by the hurts, pains, and sufferings that I am experiencing. Times when I seem to feel that I can no longer take these burdens and anxieties, wanting to take the easy way out. Times when I am very weak and in dire need of Your strength. 

Today, I humbly ask and pray that You nourish me and make me whole once more. Replace my mourning into dancing and fill me with Your joy and gladness all my days. Give me the strength to face head on all the challenges and storms in life. Keep in me a firm faith and resolve that with You, I will be able to walk the long journey that You have set before me towards the attainment of all wishes and desires in life.

In a special way, I pray for all Your children who are suffering from depression. Depression that can give rise to committing suicide. We have all suffered enough from this pandemic plunging us into the depths of so much uncertaitnties and insecurities. In Your goodness and grace, may we all rise above these worries and concerns.

Thank You so much for providing me with all my needs and wants. I pray not only for food that nourishes my body but morevover the bread of life that nourishes my soul. 

All these I humbly ask and pray in Jesus Name. Amen.



Published:
August 12, 2018, 7:51 AM